The offer for the industry
- Category: Activities
- Published: Monday, 25 November 2013 06:45
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 5068
The Chair’s cooperation offer for the industry:
The offer of cooperation between the Chair of Building Materials Engineering (L-2) and the industry includes research and engineering works, scientific and technical opinions and expertise in the field of:
- laboratory tests and evaluation of conventional (standard) and unconventional properties of materials and construction products; this applies, inter alia, to small-sized concrete, ceramic, bituminous products as well as mineral binders;
- diagnostic tests (laboratory and in-situ) of materials in existing facilities, including destructive, partially destructive and non-destructive tests (UPV, Pull-off, Schmidt's hammer, Impact-echo);
- assessment of environmental aggressiveness and the causes and degree of material destruction in
existing facilities, including post-fire assessment of concrete and fire tests of concrete elements.
The Chair specializes in R&D works, especially in the field of specialized research on:
- assessment of the concrete’s transport capacity for liquids, gases and chloride ions using laboratory methods (water permeability according to PN-EN 12390-8, nitrogen permeability by Cembureau method, chloride ion permeability by NT BUILD 443 method) and in situ (water permeability by GWT - Germann Water permeation Test, air permeability by the Torrent method);
- determination of porosity and pore distribution in mineral materials using MIP and BET methods;
- assessment of freeze-thaw resistance by the direct method according to PN-B-06250:1988 and freeze-thaw resistance under the influence of de-icing salts according to PKN-CEN / TS 12390-9: 2007;
- determination of air void characteristics in hardened concrete. PN-EN 480-11:2000;
- the behavior of concrete under fire conditions, including determination of concrete susceptibility to fire spalling, also under load conditions;
- assessment of the resistance of organic coatings and paints under accelerated ageing conditions;
- evaluation of mineral materials resistance to biological corrosion.
The team's experience in the implementation of R&D works allows for extensive cooperation in the development of new building materials as well as technological and material solutions for construction, including material solutions used in geotechnics. The team also specializes in designing the composition of the ordinary and lightweight aggregate high-strength concretes, self-compacting and special purpose concretes, including ultra-high-strength cement composites. The Chair develops the technology of binders with a reduced carbon footprint (geopolymers and mineral binders with a low proportion of Portland clinker).
Innovative ideas and solutions in the field of construction materials engineering developed by Chair’s employees are the subject of patent applications and obtained patents, of which six have been created in the last 5 years. Three solutions in the field of fiber reinforced soil-cement walls technology are currently implemented by the industry.
For many years, the Chair has been conducting dynamic cooperation with the industrial environment. This cooperation mainly concerns the implementation of R&D projects and technical assessment of construction materials and products.